2143 Maryland Avenue
Largo, FL 34640
Job Objective Transportation Specialist seeking position with a well-established organization where my experience can be used for the well-being of the company.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience in transportation, and supply chain
- Strong knowledge of terminologies used for insurance, transportation and customs
- Huge knowledge of Supply Chain processes and systems
- Good understanding of logistics processes of transport and warehousing providers
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and MS Access)
- Familiarity with Cargo Movement Operations System
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and with high sense of urgency
Transportation Specialist, May 2006 – Present
Christian Living Communities, Largo, FL
- Developed and maintained positive customer relations.
- Ensured all policies, procedures and controls are followed and all reports are completed accurately and submitted on time.
- Coordinated logistics with suppliers, forwarders, carriers and government agencies.
- Determined cost effective freight solutions.
- Identified and classified the hazardous materials under direct supervision.
Transportation Specialist, March 2003 – April 2006
Clearpoint Technology, Largo, FL
- Prepared the shipments and documents in compliance with DOT, NRC, and EPA regulatory requirements.
- Provided planning and project management support.
- Reviewed field activities to identify environmental and waste management requirements.
- Performed radioactive material and mixed waste shipments in compliance with regulations.
- Monitored and handled issues related delivery and transport requirements.
- Maintained vehicle cleanliness ensuring compliance to agency guidelines.
Bachelor’s Degree in Transportation, Spoon River College, Canton, IL