4042 Davis Avenue
Fortuna, CA 95540
Job Objective Hard-working, self-motivated Tourism Manager seeks a full-time position with reputable organization.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Huge experience in managing tourism destination and supervising work done by subordinates
- Expertise in tourism industry
- Outstanding knowledge of Tourism information
- Immense ability to develop and implement tourism programs
- Ability to understand market needs and develop programs
- Exceptional skills to analyze market through research
- Skilled to maintain good relations with government and communities
- Proficient in database programs and Microsoft applications
California State University, Fortuna, CA
October 2008 – Present
- Developed tourism strategies and enabled promotion of local tourism.
- Managed tourism budget and ensured its effective use.
- Assisted Tourism Director and achieved all tourism related objectives for same.
- Coordinated with various departments and developed effective tourism products.
- Analyzed market and prepared services and products to attract more tourists to assigned area.
- Determined tourism activities and ensured its effectiveness in both private and public sector.
- Designed various events and promotions to attract more tourists.
- Provided support to various hotels through programs.
University of Denver, Fortuna, CA
August 2003 – September 2008
- Oversaw all tourism projects and prepared timesheets for same.
- Managed tourists coming to area and assisted in all tourist attractions of territory.
- Trained new employees on projects and maintained knowledge of tourist places.
- Monitored phone calls and emails and answered all tourist queries regarding place history and culture.
- Determined all information to be supplied to local press in various local and international events.
- Assisted coordinators in planning various conferences and promoted tourism related activities.
Zoological Society, Fortuna, CA
May 1998 – July 2003
- Developed marketing plans and coordinated with vendors for same.
- Scheduled meetings and monitored events of Tourist Development Council.
- Managed all equipments and supplies required for tourism department.
- Developed various administrative information reports.
- Analyzed data and prepared reports for all Tourist development council.
Bachelor’s Degree in Tourism Management
Salish Kootenai College, Pablo, MT