115 Barrington Court
Mount Holly, AR 71758
Job Objective Qualified Weather Reporter seeking the chance to fill position with organization that will make use of my training to aid in the growth of company and my career.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Hands-on experience in analyzing, preparing and providing weather reports, forecasts and updates
- Immense knowledge of journalistic ethics and laws of libel and slander
- Extensive knowledge of social media platforms and automated studio environment
- Proficient in using computer, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro and newsgathering equipment
- Ability to produce and anchor weather-related program segments
- Ability to ad-lib in case of breaking news scenarios, with ease
Hearst Television Inc., Mount Holly, AR
August 2012 – Present
- Created and presented weather forecasts, breaking news and updates.
- Updated and delivered latest forecasts on-air, online and any other media platforms.
- Researched and provided news coverage of weather, environment, and natural catastrophes.
- Scripted, produced, and anchored weather segment with graphics.
- Prepared and presented promotional and public announcements,as assigned.
- Operated cameras and assisted in newscast production activities.
Tribune Company, Mount Holly, AR
May 2009 – July 2012
- Communicated and worked with photographers and other reporters on weather stories.
- Researched and broadcast weatherforecasts, warnings,and situation updates.
- Prepared and provided accurate and timely weather reports for various media platforms.
- Wrote, produced and anchored weather related programs and news series.
- Gathered, investigated, and analyzed historical and current climate information.
- Operated and monitored computer-graphic equipment and weather forecasting tools.
Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism
Pacific Union College, Angwin, CA