4918 Devils Hill Road
Hattiesburg, MS 39402
Job Objective Experienced Public Defender Investigator seeking position with reputable company in which to exercise my skills and abilities.
Public Defender Investigator, August 2005 – Present
North Carolina Office of State Personnel, Hattiesburg, MS
- Collected, reviewed and preserved the evidence concerning crimes.
- Interviewed and interrogated and obtained the statements from witnesses, victims, informants and defendants.
- Assisted attorneys by interviewing clients in custody to collect information and to initiate further investigation.
- Developed reports and correspondence regarding assigned investigations and assisted in the training of other investigative personnel.
- Examined the historical, medical and psychiatric records and reports concerning clients, gathered and analyzed evidence.
- Consulted investigators and representatives of opposing counsel concerning legal proceedings.
Public Defender Investigator, May 2000 – July 2005
Homeland Security, Hattiesburg, MS
- Planned and conducted the investigations to support the defense in a wide variety of major adult and juvenile criminal cases.
- Examined the scene of the crime, located and identified material evidence and recorded findings.
- Interviewed and obtained the information from witnesses and determined whether there is sufficient basis for the witness.
- Testified in court as the investigator of record and made subsequent in-trial investigations.
- Prepared the detailed reports of completed investigations to support the defense.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Vast experience in conducting legal and criminal investigation
- Profound knowledge of court proceedings and criminal investigations practices and techniques
- Thorough knowledge of modern practices and techniques involving the investigation, arrest, detention, defense and treatment of defendants
- Ability to operate within the full scope of attorney and client privilege
- Ability to react instantly and calmly in emergencies
- Ability to manage difficult situations firmly, courteously, confidently and impartially
- Ability to secure the cooperation of others in difficult situations
Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice, Lasell College, Newton, MA