3860 Benson Park Drive
Oklahoma City, OK 73131
Job Objective Career minded Steel Estimator seeking position with growing company in which to put my education, training and experience to use.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Exceptional experience in structural steel estimating
- Thorough knowledge of construction estimating and project management
- Familiarity with metal fabrication and structural steel shapes
- Proficient with Timberline estimating software and Microsoft Office products
- Ability to read and understand various types of project drawings and specifications
- Ability to communicate concisely with multiple customers in a bid meeting environment
- Ability to create project estimates and analysis subcontractor and supplier bids
Steel Estimator, August 2005 – Present
Page International Communications, Oklahoma City, OK
- Performed material take-off and quantity survey.
- Developed material and subcontract pricing for estimates.
- Produced complete estimates for final approval incorporating quantity take off, labor standards, subcontract and materials pricing.
- Evaluated contract changes for estimating cost impact.
- Prepared purchase requisitions for successful bids, evaluated contract changes for estimating cost impact and measured estimate vs. actual performance evaluations.
- Recommended and implemented changes to improve productivity; reduce cost and improved overall company performance.
- Assisted with the development and documentation of estimating procedures.
Steel Estimator, May 2000 – July 2005
Watkins Lithographic Inc., Oklahoma City, OK
- Estimated material and fabrication cost of company specialty product line.
- Performed AutoCAD detailing in order to do estimate work.
- Interpreted engineering designs and specifications.
- Developed and maintained resource information on products, vendors, subcontractors, government requirements, etc.
- Coordinated with other departments to ensure the effectiveness of various programs essential to the work environment.
- Assisted with program development, implementation, and changes.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Fashion Careers of California College, San Diego, CA