1548 Morningview Lane
Grinnell, IA 50112
Job Objective A successful Mechanical Design Engineer looking to fill position with company needing an employee with the experience, drive and ability to help the organization achieve its goals.
Mechanical Design Engineer, August 2005 – Present
CIM SYSTEMS INC., Grinnell, IA
- Designed products in accordance to customer’s requirements and ensured that it was within budget.
- Developed schedule for project, prepared scope and estimated cost for same and ensured that it was delivered to client on time.
- Analyzed project and informed departments of all problems that might occur in process prepared a report on all findings that could affect cost and schedule of project.
- Assisted Project Manager and performed reviews of design and documented findings.
- Performed test on mechanical and electronic components and systems and developed applications to be used for commercial purpose.
- Evaluated proposals and designed control panels, components and equipments for facility.
- Performed troubleshoot, repaired and modified production and development equipment.
Mechanical Design Engineer, May 2000 – July 2005
CyberCoders Engineering, Grinnell, IA
- Evaluated design reviews and ensured that were in accordance to Design of Manufacturability standards.
- Monitored new product designs and ensured that it could be manufactured, made necessary modification if required.
- Developed build processes and tested sub assemblies prior to production.
- Inspected present products and implemented changes and improved functionality of product.
- Performed regular tolerance and thermal analysis on new and existing process.
- Monitored and participated review of all mechanical engineering changes that were made to product.
- Prepared estimate for cost and time required for finishing project.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Vast experience in mechanical design engineering
- Familiarity with mechanical design tools to optimize design, fixturing and processes
- Good understanding of mechanical design processes, quality control and costs
- In-depth knowledge of mechanical components and systems
- Exceptional knowledge of materials, production processes and various techniques for increasing manufacturing
- Ability to coordinate with staff and understand design for manufacturing
- Proficient with Solidworks, CAD, AutoCAD, Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Outstanding ability to transform customer requirements into a product
- Sound skills to perform kinematic analysis and modeling
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Lawrence Technological University, Southfield, MI