1071 Farnum Road
New York, NY 10004
Job Objective Seeking a Serials Librarian position in a reputable company that permits me to utilize my skills and knowledge.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Substantial experience of development, administration and maintenance of serials library
- In-depth knowledge of serials acquisitions, claiming and collection development practices
- Remarkable knowledge of cataloging standards, copyright issues and bibliographic protocols
- Familiarity with e-resource documentation and vendor services
- Ability to use and maintain integrated library systems, e-resources and databases
- Ability to interact with library staff and patrons in a helpful and professional manner
August 2012 – Present
- Selected, purchased, cataloged and maintained all library serials and informative materials.
- Preserved and provided access to all library serials in all formats.
- Planned, drafted and implemented policies and procedures for serials library.
- Negotiated and developed contracts with appropriate vendors, successfully.
- Checked and assessed serials collections to ensure their usability and effectiveness.
- Instructed and assisted patrons in locating library materials and using library resources and systems.
Western Carolina University
May 2009 – July 2012
- Acquired, arranged and processed library’s serials and resource publications.
- Preserved, maintained and repaired serials and publications of serials library.
- Drafted and implemented library’s serials processing policies and procedures.
- Trained, directed and supervised library assistants and student workers.
- Developed contracts and liaised with Library’s serials vendors, as needed.
- Prepared and maintained accurate records of all library resources and activities.
Bachelor’s Degree in Library and Information Studies
Lewis-Clark State College, Lewiston, ID