4002 Bel Meadow Drive
Redlands, CA 92373
Job Objective Seeking Art Editor position with reputable firm in which to put my skills and training to good use.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Hands on experience in designing and editing magazine content
- Wide knowledge of design, typography, and color correction
- Familiarity with current and emerging trends in print and online magazine industry
- Huge knowledge of art, art history, and art criticism
- Proficient with InDesign, Photoshop, Freehand and Illustrator
- Professional Experience
- Art Editor, July 2007 – Present
- ASM International, Redlands, CA
- Reviewed magazines and ensured compliance to magazine design style and checked for page numbers, captions and bylines.
- Monitored production process and ensured work according to deadlines as set by Managing Editor.
- Edited pictures when required for magazine production.
- Managed a group of freelance designers and used individual designers for work as and when required.
- Prepared reports to mention all materials sent to repro production house and mentioned instructions to be followed.
- Art Editor, March 2004– June 2007
- Sioux City Journal, Redlands, CA
- Prepared layout of pages and picked necessary graphics and photographs to assist stories.
- Coordinated with journalists and editorial staff and discussed ideas to be incorporated in magazines.
- Collaborated with freelance designers and photographers to complete work.
- Developed cover designs for magazines.
- Established a style for publications and ensured compliance to same in every issue.
- Assisted in redesigning publication to keep up with market trends.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Visual Communications, Green Mountain College, Poultney, VT
Create your own professional looking resume for free using our resume builder!