3631 Glenwood Avenue
Warrensville Heights, OH 44128
Job Objective A well organized Trauma Counsellor seeking a job in your company.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Hands-on experience in providing counseling, support and advocacy services to clients suffering from trauma
- Profound knowledge of crisis intervention and substance abuse concepts
- Outstanding knowledge of occupational trauma and stress debriefing services
- Familiarity with company’s policy and philosophy regarding working environment
- Ability to interact with staff, funding partners and community service providers, in a positive manner
- Ability to prepare and maintain correct and timely records, as needed
Vidant Medical Center, Warrensville Heights, OH
August 2012 – Present
- Interviewed individuals and their families and performed their psychosocial behavioral assessments.
- Evaluated social and emotional needs of clients and developed rehabilitation plan accordingly.
- Delivered appropriate counseling and provided effective support groups to clients.
- Planned and executed outreach activities to obtain necessary resources for clients.
- Prepared, maintained, and provided accurate and timely records as needed.
- Built and maintained strong professional relationships with all funding and community partners.
Wheeler Clinic, Warrensville Heights, OH
May 2009 – July 2012
- Addressed emotional issues of clients and delivered grief-based counseling, effectively.
- Organized and conducted stress-debriefing sessions, for individuals and groups.
- Identified, obtained, and linked clients with appropriate community resources.
- Oversaw and assisted with client-specific discharge planning activities.
- Prepared, updated, and maintained all client records and progress notes, accurately.
- Developed and maintained positive relationship with various community resources.
Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology
Cornerstone University, Grand Rapids, MI