2017 Corbin Branch Road
Kingsport, TN 37663
Job Objective Seeking a position as Import Coordinator in a reputed organization where I can utilize my knowledge and experience.
Import Coordinator, May 2004 – Present
Spirit, Kingsport, TN
- Coordinated total inbound pipeline from point of origin overseas through to delivery at importer’s door.
- Manage delivery carriers; dealt with CFS and coordinated other import operations.
- Identified areas to improve the function and initiated improvement projects.
- Set-up and prepared documents for timely delivery of import cargo.
- Researched and analyzed best route and rate according to customer requirements and established procedures.
- Scheduled, booked and followed up with delivery truckers.
Import Coordinator, March 2002 – April 2004
Polo,inc., Kingsport, TN
- Handled customer and agent service inquiries.
- Set-up and prepared customer and agent invoicing.
- Coordinated in preparation of rate requests from sales staff, customers and agents.
- Maintained current knowledge local, state and federal requirements and regulations and applicable policies.
- Ensured the maintenance of accurate records with adherence to applicable regulatory and legal requirements.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Outstanding experience in freight forwarding industry
- Deep knowledge Customs import AMS program
- In-depth knowledge of Customs brokerage compliance and FDA and USDA regulations
- Familiarity with cargo risk management and insurance
- Sound knowledge freight forwarding operation’s systems
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook
- Ability to create, compile, update and analyze data
- Superior analytical and mathematical skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
Bachelor’s Degrees in Business Administration, Merrimack College, Massachusetts, MA