812 Robinson Switch Rd
Portland, OR, 97209
Job Objective To obtain a Convenience Store Clerk position and to contribute to the success and reputation of the company.
Convenience Store Clerk, May 2004 – Present
SOS Staffing, Portland, OR
- Assisted customers with pleasing and admirable communication.
- Demonstrated to scan the bar code or enter the price of merchandise into a cash register.
- Ensured ideal accounting by calculating sales and maintaining records.
- Verified the age of customers when selling lottery, alcohol or tobacco products and made sure they are not underage.
- Ensured balancing cash drawer.
- Arranged merchandise and stocking shelves and ensured clean maintenance.
Liquor Store Clerk, March 2002– April 2004
Department of Workforce Services, Portland, OR
- Assisted customers with their shopping selection upon request.
- Volunteered to bag and carry out groceries for customers.
- Performed cleaning duties throughout the store and ensured clean maintenance.
- Received and ensured proper storage of deliveries.
- Ensured and maintained product quality, rotation and storage procedures.
- Provided superior customer service while working with associates to promote sales.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Ability to speak effectively in presence of customers and associates
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Typing speed of 50 W.P.M
- Experienced in cashiering, customer service, stocking and maintaining cash register
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability in balancing cash drawer and able to count back change and balance
- Ability to operate point of sale equipment
- Familiar with Word, Excel and database software
- Excellent communication skill to maintain good relations with customers and co-workers
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work in a team environment
Associate Degree in Public Relations, Cuyahoga Community College District, Cleveland, OH