812 Robinson Switch Rd
Cincinnati, OH, 45270
Job Objective To obtain a City Clerk position in a company that provides an open environment with many opportunities for continuous growth.
City Clerk, May 2004 – Present
City of Minneapolis Human Resources, Cincinnati, OH
- Performed statutory duties of a city clerk.
- Carried out statutory responsibilities of the City Clerk under the direction of the City Manager.
- Collaborated with City’s Records Management Coordinator and served as custodian to legal documents.
- Maintained records of appointments and terms of office for all Boards and Commissions of the City.
- Ensured appropriate handling of notification of vacancies, recruitments, timely updating Municipal Code Book and served as election official during elections.
- Entered public works projects bids, purchases of equipment and filing financial disclosure statements.
City Clerk, March 2002 – April 2004
CITY OF BRUNSWICK, Cincinnati, OH
- Assisted candidates in meeting legal responsibilities before and after elections.
- Intervened to assist and supervise assigned staff involved in developmental goals, policies and priorities.
- Coordinated with public relations officer in updating city’s website, relationship with local television and assisting in the preparation and delivery of the City Newsletter.
- Administered to provide HR support to City departments and employees and served as the Office Manager for the administrative support team.
- Measured legislative analysis and reviews and managed to chair interdepartmental committees and task forces.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Ability to perform secretarial practices, and experienced in supervising
- Familiar with Word, Excel and database software
- Excellent ability to perform clerical duties such as filing, typing, faxing, answering phone etc
- Ability to sooth irate citizens, negotiate with insurance companies and communicate with council members
- Excellent general knowledge of office management procedures
- Good at interpersonal relations and skills
- Excellent written and oral communication
Associate Degree in Public Relations, Houston Community College, Houston, TX