651 George Crowe Rd
Joliet, IL, 60435
Objective To obtain the Underwriting Assistant position that will expand and develop my skills.
Summary of Skills:
- Proficiency with automated Underwriting systems
- Technically proficient in using the processing system and tools on the Internet
- Skilled in using underwriting concepts effectively
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as submissions, loss control reports and standard policy forms and endorsements
- Strong ability to negotiate, influence and close deals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Underwriting Assistant, August 2005 to till date
Argo Surety, Joliet, IL
- Provided assistance throughout the bond process.
- Updated changes to existing account and bond files.
- Ensured to apply considerable independent judgment to complete complex and specialized assignments adhering to policies and procedures.
- Worked with staff, customers, lawyers and IT personnel.
- Performed all clerical duties such as packing and supplying orders.
Underwriting Assistant, May 2000 to July 2005
Chartis, Joliet, IL
- Delivered reports or information drawn from GEMS and other systems to respective departments officials
- Coordinated with credit risk management analysts to provide appropriate credit exposure information to corporate level risk management.
- Provided country and account-specific research and supported underwriters.
- Generated Factiva, rating agency and EIU reports, and internet-sourced information for transaction assessments.
- Updated, prepared and organized marketing materials.
- Performed ad-hoc projects throughout the year as requested by underwriters and management.
Associate Degree in Business Administration, Jefferson Davis Community College, Brewton, AL