4181 Kimberly Way
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Job Objective Career minded Reading Teacher with many years of experience and the ability to work independently or as a team is seeking a position.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Familiarity with curriculum, methods and materials of grade level
- Thorough knowledge of child development and growth
- Exceptional knowledge to develop reading skills
- Immense ability to apply knowledge of instructional programs
- Remarkable ability to plan and implement reading plans
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent human relations skills
Reading Teacher, August 2005 – Present
Alexandria City Public School, Grand Rapids, MI
- Established a flexible program and classroom environment to develop reading skills.
- Developed lesson plans and instructional materials easy to read.
- Translated lesson plans into appropriate reading experiences.
- Instructed the basic art of reading subject matter.
- Established and maintained standards of behavior and discipline.
- Evaluated student academic and social growth.
Reading Teacher, May 2000 – July 2005
Prince William County Public School, Grand Rapids, MI
- Identified student needs and assisted them with assessment of needs.
- Managed to assesses and evaluate student reading achievement, and modified activities accordingly.
- Carried out a variety of student monitoring and control activities.
- Administered group standardized tests to develop reading skills.
- Participated actively in all the curriculum development programs.
- Participated in the planning and the evaluation of the school program.
Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Chipola College, Marianna, FL