313 Burton Avenue
Memphis, TN 38138
Job Objective Seeking the position as a Math Teacher in a school with the means to grow and where my teaching skills can be used to their fullest.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Hands-on experience in teaching high school mathematics
- Thorough knowledge of mathematic concepts, principles, and techniques
- Exceptional content knowledge to teach Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry etc.
- Remarkable ability to follow and implement instructional process
Math Teacher, August 2005 – Present
Brandywine Public Schools, Memphis, TN
- Instructed established contents and syllabus of mathematics.
- Demonstrated mathematical concepts using calculators and computers.
- Utilized the course of study as adopted by the Board of Education.
- Developed lesson plans and appropriate instructional materials.
- Provided opportunities for individualized and group instruction.
- Established and maintained standards of student behavior for a productive learning environment.
Math Teacher, May 2000 – July 2005
Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools, Memphis, TN
- Prepared and planned assigned classes and provided evidence of preparation.
- Established clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects.
- Evaluated each student’s growth in knowledge and skills.
- Maintained professional competence through in-service education activities.
- Communicated with parents on individual student’s progress.
- Guided learning process toward the achievement of established curriculum goals.
Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Concordia University, Saint Paul, MN