3308 Pinnickinick Street
Portland, WA 97205
Job Objective A position that can lead to a lasting relationship as a Ballroom Dance Teacher.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Familiarity with all the fitness and social dances
- Working knowledge as a ballroom teacher and instructor
- Deep knowledge of Latin dance choreography and all major cultural dance styles
- Immense ability and understanding of different dance forms and music
- Amazing ability of demonstrating techniques and methods of dance
- Strong attention to detail and choreography skills
- Excellent communication and customer care skills
Ballroom Dance Teacher, August 2005 – Present
Let’s Dance, Portland, WA
- Planned, prepared sectionals and classroom plans establishing course goals.
- Demonstrated appropriate method and methodology in teaching dance forms.
- Performed observing and evaluating pupils’ works.
- Managed to accompany the students to dance recitals, theatres and events.
- Coordinated with students, parents, and counselors to resolve any issues.
- Worked towards student progress and provided relevant suggestions for improvement.
Ballroom Dance Teacher, May 2000 – July 2005
Made Stars, Portland, WA
- Observed the students closely to determine the physical and artistic qualifications.
- Handled effectively tutoring ballet, ballroom, tap, and other forms of dancing.
- Explained with demonstrations the individual movements for individual or group performances.
- Trained the individual and/or group of students for sequences and concepts.
- Directed planning and supervision of student dance competitions.
- Provided group dance instruction and training for students preparing for competitions or any other event within or the outside the campus.
Bachelor’s Degree in Dance, Creighton University, Omaha, NE