2081 Clay Lick Road
Denver, CO 80209
Job Objective To obtain a Comic Book Writer position in a highly reputed organization.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Highly experienced in designing and writing comic books for various age groups
- Profound knowledge of conventions of writing, editing, and proofreading
- Outstanding knowledge of animation, graphic design, online content delivery and grading
- Familiarity with customer service and public relations activities
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and eCompanion programs, efficiently
- Ability to liaise with editors, letterers, and other design professionals, in a positive manner
Comic Book Writer
Complex Media Inc., Denver, CO
August 2012 – Present
- Drafted story ideas and plots, and created characters for comic book.
- Created and used vivid and appealing illustrations to develop comic strips.
- Planned and authored highly interesting comic books, for various publications and websites.
- Composed and reviewed a variety of comic books, graphic novels, and screenplays.
- Supported and participated in development and execution of online book promotional activities.
- Established and maintained positive relationships with coworkers, senior personnel, and clients.
Comic Book Writer
FableLabs, Denver, CO
May 2009 – July 2012
- Generated and researched story ideas for creation of comic book.
- Developed and improved book theme, plot, and characters, in an effective manner.
- Produced and delivered all comic books in proper formats for publication.
- Adhered to copyrights laws and obtained copyrights for completed work.
- Attended book launches and participated in public reading sessions.
- Developed and maintained strong business relationships with clients, and publishers.
Master’s Degree in Creative Writing
Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD