1013 Pride Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11227
Job Objective Want to work as Sewing Machinist and contribute towards the success and growth of your company.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Extensive experience of handling and executing machining work in a industrial sewing setting
- Sound knowledge of various sewing methods like Flat Bed and Twin Needle sewing
- Commendable knowledge of different needle sizes and fabric types
- Proficient in operation and maintenance of sewing machine
- Ability to produce stitching patterns and cut fabrics, accordingly
- Ability to finish all machining tasks, efficiently and within deadline
Mcgrath Systems, Brooklyn, NY
August 2012 – Present
- Set up, threaded and fitted all attachments to sewing machine, efficiently.
- Adjusted and monitored machine controls for different sewing jobs.
- Laid out, arranged, and stitched together all fabric pieces to prepare complete product.
- Trimmed and removed excess thread and extra materials, carefully.
- Examined finished product and ensured its conformance to pattern instructions.
- Cleaned, lubricated, and maintained the sewing machine, properly.
Aerotech, Inc., Brooklyn, NY
May 2009 – July 2012
- Cut, positioned, and stitched a variety of industrial sewing products and fabrics.
- Placed and mounted needles, cutting blades, and pattern plates, properly.
- Monitored and adjusted machine controls to regulate stitching speed.
- Checked and matched stitched pieces to detect defects and verify conformance to patterns.
- Cleaned, oiled, and serviced the sewing machine, in an efficient manner.
- Interpreted and adhered to company procedures and quality standards.
Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing Engineering
Alice Lloyd College, Pippa Passes, KY