344 Eagle Drive
Detroit, MI 48226
Job Objective Seeking the chance to utilize my skills as an experienced Respite Worker while helping company meet or exceed long-term goals.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Huge experience with individuals with a developmental disability
- Familiarity with child development, developmental disabilities and special needs
- Extensive knowledge of household management and personal care activities
- Deep knowledge of recordkeeping principles and practices
- Ability to provide personal care to clients in their homes
- Ability to manage client behavior and responding promptly to emergency situations
- Exceptional ability to successfully interact with people living with mental illness and their careers
- Excellent ability to resource and access relevant community and health services
The ARC of Essex County, Detroit, MI
February 2005 – Present
- Provided care and assistance to mentally disable people.
- Maintained professional contacts with families.
- Completed trainings and participated in compulsory respite meetings.
- Ensured requirements and provided emergency support to disabled consumer.
- Documented work reports on a timely basis.
- Conducted other responsibilities as required and suggested by supervisors.
Changing Tides Family Services, Detroit, MI
August 2000 – January 2005
- Provided infants, children and adults with nourishment care.
- Assisted customer with individual hygiene activities, picking cloths and making appropriate choices.
- Took part in recreational activities.
- Stayed alert to changing activities as required.
- Assured safety of the client and provided client’s needs timely.
High School Diploma
Eminence Jr/Sr High School, Eminence, IN