1072 Diamond Street
Morganton, NC 28655
Job Objective Seeking work as a Grinding Machinist.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Highly experienced in performing grinding and other related machining operations
- Profound knowledge of different metal types and their tolerance levels
- Operational knowledge of surface grinders, lathes, micrometers, and pi tapes
- Familiarity with manual milling processes and grinding fixtures
- Ability to handle and finish all assigned work orders, within deadline
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals and technical drawings, accurately
Norfolk Southern Corp, Morganton, NC
August 2012 – Present
- Followed blueprints, job orders, and tooling instructions and planned sequence of work.
- Operated and maintained grinding equipments, in a safe manner.
- Used and interpreted precision measuring equipments like micrometers and gauges.
- Produced high quality components and ensured compliance with client specifications.
- Examined and corrected wheel balance and alignment, in an efficient manner.
- Cleaned and tidied job site and maintained workplace safety, diligently.
MSC Industrial Supply Co., Morganton, NC
May 2009 – July 2012
- Setup, ran and adjusted all grinding machines and fixtures, safely.
- Checked and measured machined components and maintained specific dimensional conformance.
- Selected and used appropriate precision measuring tools, in a proper manner.
- Completed and provided all work-related documentation and reports, accurately and on time.
- Maintained all company-provided machining tools and reported equipment malfunctions.
- Built and maintained positive relationships with all team members.
Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing Engineering
Mesa State College, Grand Junction, CO