2292 Marshville Road
White Plains, NY 10641
Job Objective Seeking employment as Recreation Therapist in a well established organization where I can put my specialized skills to the best use.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience with recreation therapy activities and programs
- Thorough knowledge of therapy activities
- Deep knowledge of inpatient psychiatric treatment facility
- Familiarity with case management activities
- Skilled in developing therapeutic program
- Amazing ability to maintain patient information confidential
- Remarkable ability to make complex clinical decisions
- Outstanding ability to handle multiple priorities
The HSC Health Care System, White Plains, NY
August 2007 – Present
- Performed patient assessment to determine their problems.
- Implemented recreational activities to meet patient’s needs.
- Assisted in development of treatment objectives.
- Conducted individual or group therapy sessions.
- Planned field trips for patients.
- Maintain weekly calendar of events.
- Documented patient’s daily progress.
- Maintained good working relationships with patients and families.
Parkridge Valley Hospital, White Plains, NY
May 2004 – July 2007
- Planned appropriate recreational programs based on capacity and limitations of patients.
- Encouraged patients to participate in aerobics, creative expressions, and outdoor education.
- Observed patient’s responses at various stages of treatments.
- Modified therapy programs based on patient’s progress.
- Maintained the working environment clean and safe.
- Followed performance and professional standards at all times.
- Reported therapy equipment repair and maintenance problems to Manager.
Bachelor’s Degree in Recreational Therapy
Belhaven College, Jackson, MS