3129 W Lawrence Rd
Akron, OH 44301
Objective To secure an Underwriting Technician position with a successful, well-established organization that will enable me to grow professionally while contributing to the company’s goals and objectives.
Summary of Skills:
- Sound knowledge of policy processing procedures and manuscripts
- Ability to handle complex files and portfolios outside of underwriting authority
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and software
- Ability to work at high levels of productivity and quality
- Strong data entry and computer skills
Markel Corporation, Akron, OH
August 2005 to till date
Managed construction and insurance process to value practice.
Coordinated with underwriters and ensured implementation of services standard.
Ensured underwriting approval and services levels accuracy.
Assisted in managing complex files and portfolios.
Coordinated with agents and brokers to maintain service standards.
Westfield Insurance, Akron, OH
May 2000 to July 2005
Selected, evaluated and estimated price of least complex risks.
Assisted underwriters by coordinating with agencies.
Verified insurance application data as per state requirements.
Collected underwriter approval receipt and updated underwriting system.
Provided assistance and guidance to other Underwriting Technicians.
Associate Degree in Accounting
University of Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ