3129 W Lawrence Rd
Akron, OH 44301
Objective To secure an Ophthalmic Technician position with a successful, well-established organization that will enable me to grow professionally while contributing to the company’s goals and objectives.
Summary of Skills:
- Operational knowledge of complex ophthalmic equipment
- Ability to evaluate complex eye disease and needs
- Ability to work on assignments based on shifting needs
- Ability to maintain professional and discreet conduct and patient confidentiality
Palo Alto Medical Foundation, Akron, OH
August 2005 to till date
- Cross-examined patient medical history to verify given information.
- Observed pupils, visual acuteness and extra-ocular movements to check patient status.
- Prepared patients for ophthalmology test.
- Reported patient history and extra-ocular movements to ophthalmologist.
- Maintained stock and supply inventory and verified receipt.
- Maintained and troubleshot operating equipment by following operating manuals.
Elmhurst Memorial Healthcare, Akron, OH
May 2000 to July 2005
- Examined all patients by observing visual acuity and measuring optical power.
- Diagnosed and conducted ophthalmic tests on patients.
- Scheduled meeting for patients testing, and maintained records and accurate statistical data.
High School Diploma
Willamette High School, Eugene, OR