11343 S Wallace St
Wilton, CT, 6897
Objective To obtain a responsible, challenging Clinical Laboratory Technician position with a progressive, growth-oriented organization.
Summary of Skills:
- Outstanding ability to prepare and process preserved tissue specimens for microscopic examination
- Ability to analyze blood, urine and other body fluid samples
- Amazing ability to develop and maintain working relationships with all personnel
- Ability to communicate with a wide variety of people from diverse socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds under stressful conditions
- Ability to lift and carry 10 to 15 lbs
- Excellent communication and written skills
Clinical Laboratory Technician, August 2005 to till date
Precision Therapeutics, Wilton, CT
Evaluated processing works with nursing and other departments to provide timely and accurate results in report.
Supervised tests performed in the hospital and other quality review measures.
Established standards, normal values, and methods of control to each laboratory test performed.
Installed new and improved laboratory techniques.
Recorded test results on appropriate forms and reports and prepared various qualitative and quantitative reports and records, graphs and charts.
Properly stored hazardous materials and adhered to the laboratory safety program.
Assigned to set up, adjust, calibrate, and operate all laboratory equipment and instruments.
Clinical Laboratory Technician, May 2000 to July 2005
UMC Southern Nevada, Wilton, CT
Sorted and received specimens into the laboratory.
Prepared reagents and media as needed.
Performed all laboratory tests and procedures.
Disposed biohazard material.
Carried out phlebotomy on patients and correctly labeled and handled samples.
Cleaned and sterilized all laboratory equipment, cabinets, and work areas on a daily basis.
Reviewed current literature and attended meetings and seminars to upkeep new developments in field.
Participated in training of staff to perform laboratory and POC.
Bachelor’s Degree in Clinical Laboratory, Colorado Technical University, Colorado Springs, CO