3823 Wynne St
Tempe, AZ 85285
Objective To seek a responsible and challenging Animal Health Technician position by associating with a growing organization.
Summary of Skills:
- In-depth knowledge of the environmental conditions necessary for the animal care
- Exceptional knowledge of animal science and behavior
- Outstanding knowledge of animal medicine to diagnose and treat animal injuries and diseases
- Ability to recognizing changes in conditions of animals and animal room environment
- Immense ability to lift and move 50-100 pounds
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time
Animal Health Technician, August 2005 to till date
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration, Tempe, AZ
Maintained preventative duties; husbandry, care, and routine observations.
Daily performed veterinary and surgery related activities.
Visited farms, garbage feeders and others to inspect livestock.
Collected and submitted ticks and mites for laboratory identification.
Worked with species of animals that might harbor zoonotic infections (Herpes B virus, “Q fever”, Giardia).
Animal Health Technician, May 2000 to July 2005
Alpine Animal Hospital, Tempe, AZ
Supervised and managed proper functioning of premises and vehicles used in the transportation of diseased and exposed livestock and poultry.
Enforced the implementation of State and Federal laws and regulations.
Traced origin of infected and exposed livestock and poultry and issued permits for the movement of livestock.
Adjoined meetings with the advising officials, furriers and others with respect to the prohibitions and restrictions imposed by governing statutes and regulations.
Bachelor’s degrees in Veterinary, Ashland Community College, Ashland, KY