313 Burton Avenue
Memphis, TN 38138
Job Objective Vocational Counselor who wants a position with a campus so that I can render my services in this field and further grow.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Successful experience in furthering vocational rehabilitation counseling
- Profound experience working with MR/DD population
- Exceptional knowledge of case management techniques
- Outstanding ability to understand and apply vocational rehabilitation laws
- Remarkable ability to interact with sensitivity and tact
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Vocational Counselor, August 2005 – Present
Case Management Services, Memphis, TN
- Obtained responsibilities for the overall delivery of vocational rehabilitation services.
- Guided and monitored individuals participating in the programs.
- Provided guidance, counseling and vocational case management.
- Assessed performance, in cooperation with the individual and other professionals.
- Developed and implemented strategies supporting performance.
- Performed to achieve vocational growth, development and success.
Vocational Counselor, May 2000 – July 2005
Outreach Development Corporati, Memphis, TN
- Evaluated individuals with physical, emotional, and/or other impairments.
- Determined eligibility for vocational rehabilitation services.
- Administered residual functional capacities assessments.
- Reviewed and analyzed diagnostic information.
- Developed, implemented, and monitored Individualized Plans.
- Partnered with professionals and paraprofessionals.
Bachelor’s Degree in Arts in Human Services, Green Mountain College, Poultney, VT