2774 Fraggle Drive
Bensenville, IL 60106
Job Objective Seeking full time employment as a Teacher for the Learning Disabled in order to practice my skills daily.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Hands-on experience in effectively handling students with learning disabilities
- Thorough knowledge of understanding the effects of disabilities and its diversified effect on psychological functioning.
- Outstanding knowledge of the methods and techniques of psycho-educational assessments to determine the students’ strengths and limitations
- Remarkable ability to implement learning strategies, and academic accommodations
- Immense ability to understand and implement disability laws
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong proficiency with computers and communication system technology
Teacher for the Learning Disabled, August 2005 – Present
Bozeman Public School, Bensenville, IL
- Tutored students with neurological problems in learning.
- Planned special curriculum and prepared appropriate instructional materials.
- Planned teaching techniques according to physical, emotional, and educational levels of students.
- Created learning materials geared to each student’s abilities and interests.
- Provided consistent reinforcement to learning, continuous assessment of levels.
- Partnered with parents to accept and develop skills of student’s with learning impairment.
Teacher for the Learning Disabled, May 2000 – July 2005
Mounds View Public School, Bensenville, IL
- Planned curriculum to meet the individual needs of the students with imparities.
- Created learning materials geared to each student’s ability and interests.
- Provided consistent reinforcement to learning and continuous assessment of levels.
- Offered continuous feedback to student for all learning activities.
- Instructed students, using special educational strategies and techniques.
- Managed to enhance the social and emotional development of the individual.
Bachelor’s Degree in Special Education, Keene State College, Keene, NH
Master’s Degree in Special Education, Concordia College, Moorhead, MN