3288 Quiet Valley Lane
Irvine, CA 92614
Career Objective To obtain a position in order to maximize my skills as a Music Teacher and also to improve the school as a whole through my own skills and abilities.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Skilled in teaching music lessons to children of varied ages in a school environment
- Thorough knowledge to instruct students of varying abilities
- Exceptional knowledge to incorporate cross curricular instruction into music lessons
- Remarkable ability to instruct beginner through intermediate students
- Outstanding ability to show proficiency of music and musical instruments
- Excellent communication skills
- Superior student management and intrapersonal skills
Music Teacher, August 2005 – Present
Northwest R-I School District, Irvine, CA
- Instructed the correct usage and playing of various musical instruments.
- Performed in accordance with the course of study as adopted by the Board of Education.
- Evaluated each pupil’s musical growth and performance and assessed each of the individual’s contribution to the performance of the group.
- Teamed and tutored band, orchestra and instrumental ensemble; chorus, choir, choral ensemble.
- Planned programs/events, conducted rehearse, and directed the students for the school or the community musical programs.
- Ensured to finish instructions and specific training within time for planned events.
Music Teacher, May 2000 – July 2005
Taylor Robinson Music, Irvine, CA
- Organized daily class time to accomplish desired preparation and rehearsal.
- Provided individual and small-group instructions to reach the curriculum needs.
- Tutored all types of music literature, including traditional and contemporary.
- Ensured to keep in mind the ages and skill levels of pupils whilst teaming them up.
- Managed to make minor adjustments and repairs to musical instruments.
- Identified pupil needs and partnered with other staff members to assess and help pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
Bachelor’s Degree in Music, Southern Connecticut State University, New Haven, CT