4793 Pine Tree Lane
Herndon, MD 22070
Objective To enhance my skills as a Long Term Substitute Teacher by combining with a forward looking establishment seeking qualified employees.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Hands-on experience in teaching middle school science
- Exceptional knowledge of curriculum for the middle school grades
- Profound knowledge and enthusiasm for teaching and learning
- Immense ability to work collaboratively as a member of a grade level team
- Remarkable ability to meet the diverse learning needs
Substitute Teacher, August 2005 – Present
North Cumberland Middle School, Herndon, MD
- Instructed students utilizing various teaching methods like lectures and demonstrations.
- Utilized audiovisual aids and other materials to supplement oral teaching.
- Followed curriculum guidelines to prepare course objectives and course of study.
- Assigned lessons and corrected assignments given as homework.
- Administered tests and evaluated students’ progress, records results, and issued reports.
- Ensured to keep the parents informed of the progress of their children.
Substitute Teacher, May 2000 – July 2005
Simsbury Public Schools, Herndon, MD
- Maintained appropriate discipline in classroom and the school.
- Managed to regularly meet the parents to discuss student progress and problems.
- Assisted the students in selecting course of study providing individual counseling.
- Followed standards-based curriculum and offered help to all the students to develop their inner competence and confidence.
- Contributed for educational conferences/workshops and faculty meetings.
- Participated in sophisticated professional learning communities.
Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Villa Maria College, Buffalo, NY
2411 W Mulberry St
Jemison, AL 35085
Objective To seek the position of Long Term Substitute Teacher at a reputed school and to gain a good career as Long Term Substitute Teacher by applying my Long Term Substitute teaching practices.
Areas of Expertise:
- Immense ability to adapt teaching styles and techniques.
- Wide knowledge in teaching a variety of subject areas.
- Substantial ability to motivate students to develop strong critical thinking skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong ability to assist students in developing good habits.
Long Term Substitute Teacher, 2007 – Present
Whitney High School, Cerritos, CA
- Instructed core subjects to all grade levels.
- Applied newly learned techniques in the classroom.
- Structured lessons into long-term curriculum plan to ensure continuity of education objectives.
- Created safe, positive and supportive learning environment.
- Designed lessons and assessment within teacher’s long-term plans.
M.A in English, 2007
Carnegie Mellon University
B.A in Elementary Education, 2005