343 Broadway Avenue
Jonesboro, TN 37659
Job Objective To secure a Literature Teacher position with a school in which my expertise can help the campus.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Successful experience in teaching English and Literature
- Thorough knowledge of effective classroom management techniques
- Remarkable ability to maintain positive relationships within the school
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational, decision making and problem solving skills
Literature Teacher, August 2005 – Present
Benton Harbor Area Schools, Jonesboro, TN
- Instructed content and skills of English language, literature, composition and grammar.
- Handled journalism to secondary students, utilizing adopted course of study.
- Adapted the curriculum to provide individual, small group, or remedial instruction.
- Encouraged students to express original ideas and to think independently.
- Evaluated each student’s progress in English literature skills.
Literature Teacher, May 2000 – July 2005
Memorial High School, Jonesboro, TN
- Instructed students in theater, literature, dramatics, journalism and business English.
- Guided the students with correct usage of English such as grammar and composition.
- Planned units of work including content, process, and sequence of study.
- Provided an orderly and productive classroom environment.
- Monitored group standardized tests in accordance with the District testing program.
Bachelor’s Degree in English Literature, Chestnut Hill College, Philadelphia, PA
Master’s Degree in English Literature, Creighton University, Omaha, NE