4591 Circle Drive
Houston, TX 77020
Job Objective To obtain a position as a History Teacher where my teaching and communication skills will continue to develop.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Hands-on experience in teaching history to high school students
- Exceptional knowledge providing high standards of education
- Deep knowledge of the history curriculum, and instructional programs
- Demonstrated evidence of self-motivation and willingness to be a team player
History Teacher, August 2005 – Present
Uncommon Schools Inc., Houston, TX
- Handled classes of World History, US Government, Economics, and Advisory.
- Implemented curricula and activities to meet the standards of academics.
- Designed assessments measuring steady progress.
- Refined curriculum and introduced new and effective instructional practices.
- Participated in collaborative curriculum development and grade-level activities.
- Communicated effectively with students, families, and colleagues.
History Teacher, May 2000 – July 2005
Florence Bertell Academy, Houston, TX
- Handled teaching of history classes from grades 9 through 12.
- Monitored student learning behavior and adjusted delivery of instruction.
- Designed, developed and instructed learning activities based on individual abilities.
- Encouraged active student involvement in learning using standard tools.
- Utilized techniques such as rehearsed responses and group discussions.
- Checked and diagnosed the learning process of students by verbal responses as well as written means.
- Ensured to perform towards the standard goals and objectives of the institution.
Bachelor’s Degree in History, Villa Maria College, Buffalo, NY
Master’s Degree in History, Silver Lake College, Manitowoc, WI