3206 Duffy Street
Medaryville, IN 47957
Objective Looking for a reputable school to gain a position as a High School Drama Teacher in order to use my knowledge and skills to the benefit of the school.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Familiarity with teaching acting and dance skills
- Thorough knowledge of using technology to delivery curriculum
- Exceptional knowledge of the District and State standards
- Remarkable ability to work with and motivate students
- Strong instructional and classroom management skills
- Excellent communication skills
High School Drama Teacher, August 2005 – Present
Carroll County High Schools, Medaryville, IN
- Discussed and demonstrated vocal and body expression to teach acting styles, character development, and personality projection.
- Handled teaching diction, voice development, and dialects, using voice exercises, speech drills, explanation, lectures, and improvisation.
- Explained the elements of stagecraft, stage makeup, costume craft and play.
- Planned and prepared grade level appropriate content.
- Analyzed instructional practices through regular and ongoing observations and dialogues associated with peer mentoring and coaching.
- Contributed to decision-making in collaboration with administrators, other staff members, and the parent community.
High School Drama Teacher, May 2000 – July 2005
Patterson Unified School District, Medaryville, IN
- Tutored acting principles and techniques to individuals and/or groups and conducted readings to evaluate each student’s individual talents.
- Adapted course of study and training methods to meet students’ needs and abilities.
- Produced and directed plays for school and public performances.
- Conducted audition among the students to select cast and assign parts.
- Ensured to conduct rehearsals and drilled students to ensure that they master parts.
- Directed activities of students involved in constructing, painting, and lighting scenery.
Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts Dance, American Graduate University, Covina, CA