2689 Hart Ridge Road
Rogers City, MI 49779
Job Objective To get a position in a school in that I can bring my prior experience as an Earth Science Teacher and to use these skills as an asset to the growth and reputation of the school and its employees.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Hands-on experience in earth sciences and related curriculum
- Sound knowledge of educational philosophy, teaching methods and approaches
- Thorough knowledge of multicultural, gender and disability fair curriculum concepts.
- Outstanding ability to organize and coordinate district wide programs
- Remarkable ability to communicate effectively with bilingual parents and students
- Superior skills in classroom management and organization
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
Earth Science Teacher, August 2005 – Present
Catholic Central High School, Rogers City, MI
- Developed, selected, and modified instructional plans and materials.
- Planned and provided appropriate learning experiences for students.
- Adopted instructional technologies in line with students’ learning styles and needs.
- Supervised students in a variety of school-related settings and monitored them.
- Managed to work flexible hours to accommodate student needs & class schedules.
- Facilitated to and participated in departmental, institutional and parent meetings.
Earth Science Teacher, May 2000 – July 2005
Northland Lutheran High School, Rogers City, MI
- Provided an atmosphere conducive to the intellectual, physical, social, and the emotional development of children.
- Prepared grant proposals to procure external research funding.
- Monitored appropriate use and care of equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintained appropriate records and followed required procedures and practices.
- Communicated and interacted with students, parents, staff, and community.
- Strived to maintain and improve professional competence.
Bachelor’s Degrees In Geology, Creighton University, Omaha, NE