1118 Woodbridge Lane
Detroit, MI 48202
Job Objective Looking for a position as Family Support in a company that provides an open environment with many opportunities for continuous growth.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Experience working with families of diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Profound knowledge of human development and family life cycle in children and families
- Sound knowledge of the cultural situations involved with the child and family
- In-depth knowledge of family therapy and child management techniques from a systems perspective
- Thorough knowledge of community, social, educational and recreational resources
- Skilled in crisis intervention, teaching and listening and basic problem solving
- Immense ability to maintain confidentiality and consistently exercise discretion and judgment
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Skilled in behavior management and therapeutic treatment
Family Support, August 2005 – Present
Holy Family Institute, Detroit, MI
- Conducted needs and strengths assessment of child and family, utilizing the program specific protocol.
- Developed and implemented successful behavior management technique.
- Provided effective crisis management and followed program triage protocol and treatment methods, responded in a timely manner.
- Assessed and provided appropriate responses and handled the situation calmly.
- Provided and arranged transportation of clients to appointments when required.
- Maintained clinical records in a timely manner following agency standards.
Family Support, May 2000 – July 2005
Riverside Community Care, Detroit, MI
- Assisted parents in making and attending appointments for doctors, social service agencies and needed services.
- Acted as liaison between families and other community agencies.
- Assisted client to establish goals, objectives, action plans and tasks and activities to meet individual client needs, as identified by the client.
- Responded to emergencies when necessary and made arrangements for supervisor to intervene.
- Checked and updated release of information forms to allow department staff to communicate with other services, such as DCF, on a regular basis.
- Processed all DCF and Agency required forms and paperwork.
- Participated in weekly group supervision meetings, to update supervisor and co-workers.
- Identified client emergencies and potential crisis situations.
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Connecticut College, Connecticut, CT