1318 Robinson Lane
Logan, OH 43138
Job Objective Seeking work in my desired field as Coding Supervisor with a well-established company.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- RHIT and CCS Certified professional with experience in revenue cycle coding
- Good understanding of medical terms and coding systems
- Outstanding knowledge of ICD 9 CM, CPT coding, Out Patient coding, release of information, assembly and analysis
- Proficient in 3M Encoder and Meditech Abstract System, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Outstanding ability to analyze trends in CMI and determine root cause and address as appropriate
- Amazing ability to interpret corporate coding policies and procedures
- Remarkable ability to work in team environment
- Excellent analytical & organizational skills
- Strong written, verbal & interpersonal communication skills
Coding Supervisor, August 2005 to till date
Downey Regional Medical Center, Logan, OH
- Liaised between the Medical Staff, Administration, Nursing, and other ancillary departments.
- Generated management reports and statistical data for management decision making.
- Developed and implemented performance improvement indicators and trending profiles relative to coding.
- Evaluated procedures; resolved problems and implemented changes to improve productivity and performance.
- Worked closely with staff and management personnel to address problems, issues, and developed constructive solutions.
Coding Supervisor, June 2002 to July 2005
Northern Louisiana Medical Center, Logan, OH
- Managed reports based on coding data.
- Reviewed all coding changes suggested by the reviewer.
- Ensured CPT-4 and ICD-9-CM coding accuracy and completeness in order to optimize reimbursement.
- Reviewed reports and lists and ensured timely preparation and maintenance of all records.
- Reviewed all code and DRG changes made by peer review organization and prepared appropriate response when justified.
- Reviewed all Medicare and other remittance advice to insure reimbursement optimization and re-bill within acceptable time frame.
Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information Management, Virginia College, Birmingham, AL