2575 Eva Pearl Street
Baton Rouge, LA 70806
Job Objective An experienced AP Supervisor searching a position with an industry in which to practice my skills and put my training to good use.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Hands-on experience working as a Accounts Payable Supervisor in an accounting environment
- In-depth knowledge of reconciling account, vendor records and general ledger reporting
- Expert in matching purchase orders, receipts and invoices
- Proficient with PeopleSoft A/P system and Purchase Order based system
- Strong project management skills with proficiency in automation and re-engineering processes
- Skilled in dealing with vendors and department support calls
- Immense ability to influence, lead and drive closure to all matters
- Exceptional ability to influence, train and mentor staff to achieve objectives
AP Supervisor, August 2005 to till date
WorldLink Inc., Baton Rouge, LA
- Accountable for the day-to-day supervision of Trade payables clerks.
- Researched A/P Trade issues for the various departments.
- Reconciled Trade payable discrepancies with vendors and helped in resolving disputes.
- Generated daily and weekly check runs, printed and distributed the Trade payable checks.
- Coordinated implementation of processes and systems to enhance internal controls of duties for the company, department and A/P Trade team.
- Contributed to team effort and atmosphere by achieving related results as needed and other duties as assigned.
AP Supervisor, June 2002 to July 2005
Accounting Principals, Baton Rouge, LA
- Supervised and developed accounts payable analysts and clerical staff.
- Developed and monitored weekly reports including the goods received and invoice received.
- Supervised all types of cash transaction activities.
- Performed month-end closing activities such as balancing of the operating account, balance sheet reconciliations, expense review and accruals.
- Ensured that all staff have individual development plan and received proper training.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Hesston College, Hesston, KS