2566 Bridge Avenue
Scott, LA 70583
Job Objective Searching for the right company in which my training as a Tax Specialist can help the organization progress and increase the cliental.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Extensive tax administration experience within public firm
- Thorough knowledge of RIA InSource system and online tax research services
- In-depth knowledge of IRS regulations, Wage and Tax balancing, Federal, State, and local payroll
- Proficient in Pro Systems, CCH Tax research, Excel, and Access
- Skilled in applying employee state and local taxation
- Superior communication, leadership, consulting, influence, and negotiation skills
- Excellent project management, problem solving and analytical skills
- Outstanding ability to execute a project with the scope of overall strategies
- Remarkable ability to work in a Team environment and perform well in a deadline-oriented environment
Tax Specialist, May 2006 – Present
Dow Jones & Company, Scott, LA
- Prepared corporate income and partnership tax with federal and state.
- Maintained related files and databases, coordinated processing and mailings of all extensions and returns.
- Resolved tax issues, and handled tax notices and inquiries from federal and state agencies.
- Reviewed and interpreted the tax regulations to assure compliance.
- Researched and responded to all payroll tax correspondence.
- Prepared the amendments for jurisdiction reporting.
- Initiated the funding requests for tax liability filings.
Tax Specialist, March 2003 – April 2006
CSI Companies, Scott, LA
- Prepared the state tax apportionment data and state tax adjustments.
- Prepared the estimated Federal and state tax calculations and required cash tax payments.
- Prepared the tax forecasts and effective tax rate calculations.
- Assisted in tax planning projects to minimize Federal and state income and franchise tax.
- Balanced and audited liabilities by company on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Kenyon College, Gambier, OH