503 McKinley Avenue
Englewood, CO 80110
Job Objective Seeking a position as Referral Specialist in which my abilities and experience can aid in the growth of the company.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- In-depth knowledge of medical terminology
- Profound knowledge of cardiac related terminology and procedures
- Ability to identify various components of cardiac testing, evaluations and diagnosis
- Ability to communicate effectively on the telephone
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks in an orderly fashion
- Ability to interact with physicians, team members and patient population
- Possess excellent computer skills and solid typing speed and accuracy
WellPoint, Inc, Englewood, CO
May 2006 – Present
- Screened preauthorization requests.
- Referred cases to preauthorization nurses for clinical review.
- Recognized andreferred cases to preauthorization nurses for clinical review.
- Monitored department voice mail and processed preauthorization requests.
- Confirmed appointment with patients.
- Maintained telephone service standards in compliance with departmental goals.
Aurora Health Care, Englewood, CO
March 2003 – April 2006
- Maintained clinic database of payer authorization requirements.
- Gathered all pertinent information from referring physician office for a new consult.
- Checked the patient demographics on all new referral patients.
- Created charts for fresh patient appointments schedule; including satellite consults.
- Assisted the Scheduling Supervisor to solve referring office scheduling issues.
High School Diploma
Land O’Lakes High School, Land O Lakes, FL