1622 Badger Pond Lane
Tampa, FL 33602
Job Objective Seeking work as a Coding Specialist so I can use my skills and past experiences to better the company. Bringing specialized knowledge to the table to also improve your company with my skills.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Certified coding specialist with huge experience in ED, OP , IP , and OPS coding
- Exceptional knowledge of federal and state guidelines and regulations pertaining to coding and billing practices
- Proficient in OBR, GPMS, EMR, Excel, Word, E-Mail, 3M Encoder and Meditech
- Familiarity with ICD-9-CM, DRGs, and CPT / HCPCS Coding fundamentals
- Superior time management and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong leadership, management and motivational skills
- Remarkable ability to perform stooping, pushing, pulling, and overhead lifting
Coding Specialist, May 2006 – Present
Elliot Hospital, Tampa, FL
- Facilitated coding in-service classes for staff and participated in the implementation of the organization’s Coding Proficiency Program
- Performed medical chart audits and reported audit results to management.
- Trained staff on specific coding issues based on medical chart audit results.
- Maintained and updated database of all medical chart audits.
- Provided updates and status reports to the Manager.
- Participated in coding discussions to ensure best practice efforts and processes are implemented.
- Abstracted and coded Ambulatory Surgery Center charges.
- Handled industry coding and compliance issues.
Coding Specialist, March 2003 – April 2006
Massachusetts General Hospital, Tampa, FL
- Performed coding ensuring compliance to established PBO and Coding Services policies.
- Reviewed current literature, newsletters, payor policy updates and coding manuals.
- Identified opportunities to reduce denials and enhance revenue.
- Researched and resolved coding inquiries.
- Participated in the encounter form revision process to ensure correct coding standards are met.
- Performed quality assurance reviews of Coding Specialists and Senior Coding Specialists in areas of expertise.
Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology, Morris College, Sumter, SC