2346 Robinson Court
Southfield, MI 48075
Job Objective Seeking a position as Certified Peer Specialist in which my abilities and experience can aid in the growth of the company.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Admirable experience working in a peer support role in a mental health care environment
- Expert experience with recovery process and symptom management
- Thorough knowledge and expertise in providing peer counseling and support
- Skilled in leading and coordinating activities and events related to mental health issues
- Sound ability to establish professional relationships with peers
- Ability to instill confidence and to advocate for patients and their family
- Proficient with Microsoft Office ( Word, Excel and Outlook) and web browser
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Superior communication and intrapersonal skills
Certified Peer Specialist, May 2006 – Present
Central Montgomery Mental Retardation Center, Southfield, MI
- Engaged individuals to help them understand and access the possible supports.
- Helped individuals identify their current needs.
- Imparted hope through sharing of personal recovery experience.
- Partnered with all central consumers and staff.
- Partnered with program participants, staff and others in the process of recovery.
- Developed WRAP and Crisis plans with individuals.
Certified Peer Specialist, March 2003 – April 2006
Citizens Acting Together Can Help (CATCH), Southfield, MI
- Acted as a role model for persons in recovery.
- Assisted in orientation process for new team members and new persons in recovery.
- Helped participants in identifying their abilities and strengths.
- Encouraged participants to identify goals.
- Identified community resources and assisted individuals in connecting with them and other peer supports.
- Participated in team meetings and promoted recovery perspective.
Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, McKendree College, Lebanon, IL