2247 Hayhurst Lane
Southfield, MI 48075
Job Objective To expand experience in the field and help better the company as a whole by using my years of experience and attained skills as AR Specialist.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Remarkable experience in billing and A/R follow up
- In depth knowledge of the policies of healthcare, government and insurance Policies
- Ability to calculate discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages
- Ability to read and interpret general business and financial documents
- Familiarity with ICD-9/CPT coding, medical terminology and good understanding of data elements
- Proficient in excel spreadsheets, pivot tables and PowerPoint presentations
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
AR Specialist, May 2006 – Present
Mercy Health Services, Inc., Southfield, MI
- Administered billing patient accounts to patients, third party, and governmental payers.
- Managed Accounts Receivables follow-up and collection of physician claims.
- Monitored and performed on management of third party and governmental denials.
- Identified self pay balances after insurance payments.
- Delivered prompt secondary billing.
- Ensured timely and accurate documentation of patient account status.
AR Specialist, March 2003 – April 2006
Kforce Finance & Accounting Staffing, Southfield, MI
- Administered billing, collections and cash posting of claims.
- Validated all required information for claims billing.
- Prepared documentation notes for monthly accounts receivable.
- Maintained documentation to support third party claims.
- Handled submissions and posted third party payments.
- Prepared documentation for approval of contractual allowance.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Appalachian State University, Boone, NC