1013 Jerome Avenue
Harlingen, TX 78550
Job Objective To secure the position of Plant Biologist in a reputable company that will allow me to utilize acquired skills and experience.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Hands-on experience in conducting plant-based biological studies and documentation work
- Profound knowledge of plant genetics, proteomics, and metabolic pathway analysis
- Outstanding knowledge of plant-specific gene cloning, expression, and transformation procedures
- Proficient in computer operations and recordkeeping activities
- Ability to handle and execute all tasks, concurrently and efficiently
- Ability to understand and follow company policies and work instructions
Redhorse Corporation, Harlingen, TX
August 2012 – Present
- Developed, lead, and executed plant-specific field studies and lab tests.
- Analyzed, recorded, and reported all survey and study findings, accurately.
- Authored and submitted various scientific reports and documentations, as needed.
- Researched and interpreted genetic and biochemical bases for development of plant traits.
- Selected and implemented standard techniques of gene cloning, expression and transformation.
- Utilized bioinformatics and applied biological computation techniques.
- Prepared and maintained highly effective and functional genetic switches
- Maintained the pilot harvesting facility and achieved all project objectives.
- Interpreted and adhered to specified work instructions and established company policies.
- Interacted and worked with staff, biotechnologists, and chemists, in a collaborative and helpful manner.
Bachelor’s Degree in Plant Biology
Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL