473 Bicetown Road
New York, NY 10011
Job Objective To obtain the position of Cancer Registrar in your firm.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Admirable experience in managing medical records for cancer patients
- Profound knowledge of medical terminology and coding systems
- Familiarity with cancer treatments, staging, disease classification and coding
- Ability to utilize various software programs
- Ability to abstract core information from patient medical record
- Good understanding of ICDO3 and ICD9 coding
- Ability to produce statistical reports
- Ability to provide ascertainment for cancer patients
- Ability to data management and classification
- Ability to complete work without supervision
- Wide knowledge of COC standards and collaborative staging
Medical Center of Central Georgia, New York, NY
August 2007 – Present
- Maintained all operation for various tumor registry systems.
- Administered registry for all cancer patient information such as history and demographic.
- Participated in various tumor conference activities to evaluate cases.
- Developed and maintained statistical data for general registry usage.
- Ensured compliance to Cancer Life Program regulations and procedures.
- Analyzed medical records for all cancer patients to review cases efficiently.
- Coordinated with various departments and hospital to ensure proper treatment.
- Assisted cancer program management and facilitated accreditation processes.
Lexington Medical Center, New York, NY
May 2004 – July 2007
- Evaluated various patients’ records and medical history for research activities.
- Administered research projects and interpreted data efficiently.
- Maintained an efficient registry databases for oncology patients.
- Ensured compliance to SEER federal guidelines and commission on cancer regulations.
- Monitored patient personal information and ensured confidentiality.
- Prepared medical records for various cancer patients.
- Developed statistical reports through regular compilation of information.
- Analyzed medical data to prepare reports for various stages of cancer.
Associate Degree in Health Information Management
NorthWest Arkansas Community College, Bentonville, AR