493 Ogle St
Lincoln, CA 95648
Job Objective Seeking a Cobol programmer position in a organization where I can utilize my Programming skills and be an asset to the employer.
Cobol programmer, August 2005 – Present
Insight Global Inc., Lincoln, CA
- Provided support for the Pension Payroll Management System (PPMS) and Payroll Management System (PMS).
- Managed all aspects of mainframe COBOL code writing, testing, troubleshooting and transfer to mainframe production.
- Assured COBOL, SQL code and reports are observed by various agencies’ subject matter experts.
- Applied COBOL programming experience to a Cognos environment to identify value-added features.
Cobol programmer, May 2000 – July 2005
Codesoft International, Inc., Lincoln, CA
- Analyzed, developed and designed systems in Cobol and DB2 customized 3rd party software for Procurement, Inventory, Accounts Payable and Work Management applications.
- Developed activities following standards and practices that met the Quality Management System and ISO standards.
- Assisted end user agencies with ad hoc reporting by developing and running CHRMS reports containing PPMS, PMS and CityTime data.
- Interpreted SQL formulations and definitions to tune reports for enhancement of performance and work with DBA.
- Prepared and generated Cognos performance statistical reports using Cognos audit information.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Remarkable front-end integration experience working with COBOL , DB2 and CICS
- Skilled COBOL programmer with good program design and documentation skills
- Profound knowledge of writing SQL against DB2 and Oracle databases
- In-depth knowledge in generating production reports in Cognos Report Studio
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Project, Word and Microsoft Access
- Skilled in Cognos 8 tools and ability to prepare reports via Report Studio and Query Studio
- Outstanding ability to manage and complete multiple assignments
- Ability to multi-task and support multiple priorities
- Excellent organizational, time management, communication and interpersonal skills
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Loyola Marymount University, California, CA