2673 Scott Street
Westbury, NY 11590
Job Objective HR Officer seeking position with organization that has the potential for career growth possibilities.
HR Officer, August 2005 – Present
JPMorgan Chase, Westbury, NY
- Promoted equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organization.
- Recruited staff, developed job descriptions, prepared advertisements, checked application forms, shortlisted, interviewed and selected candidates.
- Advised on payroll issues related to remuneration, promotion and benefits.
- Administered payroll and maintained records relating to staff.
- Interpreted and advised on employment legislation.
- Handled grievances and implemented disciplinary procedures.
HR Officer, May 2000 – July 2005
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration, Westbury, NY
- Analyzed, planned, managed recruitment process to enhance company’s business.
- Ensured compensation and benefits according to Company policies.
- Managed Payroll Calculation, compulsory Insurances and other HR reports.
- Followed company procedures related to Deports working.
- Developed HR planning strategies with line managers.
- Planned and delivered training and inductions for new staff.
- Analyzed training needs in conjunction with departmental managers.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Extensive accomplished experience as an HR generalist with a strong background in the core HR functions
- Strong knowledge of compensation practices, employee relations, diversity, and performance management.
- Familiarity with federal and state laws and regulations (FLSA, FMLA, ADA, and EEO)
- Ability to counsel, coach, advise staff at all levels of the organization
- Ability to handle large amounts of confidential information on a frequent basis
- Proficient in PeopleSoft, HRIS, Lotus Notes and MS Office Suite
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding ability to analyze data and provide recommendations
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Bowdoin College, Brunswick, ME