2397 Lakewood Drive
Jersey City, NJ7305
Job Objective To enhance my skills as a Health And Safety Officer by joining forces with a growing establishment seeking qualified applicants.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Extensive experience working in Health and Safety program management
- Solid understanding of safety legislation and policy
- Skilled in Hazard Risk Assessment surveys and implementation of safety processes
- In-depth knowledge of environmental laws and regulations
- Familiarity with air, water, and solid/hazardous waste at an industrial facility.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Abilityto work independently and as a part of team with minimal supervision
Health And Safety Officer, August 2005 – Present
Aerotek E&E, Jersey City, NJ
- Reviewed accidents and incidents to determine cause and implemented plans to prevent reoccurrence.
- Conducted job sites safety and environmental audits which included the completion of documentation of compliance and corrective actions taken.
- Administered the Safety Awareness Program to ensure a safety culture among the work force.
- Reviewed, recommended and conducted continued training and education of employees in safe and efficient work methods.
- Maintained Safety Statistic for area of responsibility.
Health And Safety Officer, May 2000 – July 2005
WRS Compass, Jersey City, NJ
- Monitored site activities for compliance with health and safety guidelines.
- Monitored implementation and enforcement of safety requirements.
- Maintained safety training records and provided safety briefings and appropriate orientation.
- Reviewed health and safety plans.
- Conducted hazard assessments and ensured appropriate control measures and safe work requirements.
- Inspected equipment, structures, and work in progress for compliance with applicable health and safety standards and specifications.
- Recommended corrective actions and measures to improve safety conditions.
Bachelor’s Degree in Nutristion, Washington and Jefferson College, Washington, PA