1993 State Street
Saint Louis, MO 63132
Career Objective Seeking an opportunity by filling an Equal Opportunity officer position to help the right organization boost productivity and benefits.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Extensive experience in implementing an equal access and equal opportunity in employment program
- In-depth knowledge of Federal equal opportunity laws, regulations, and policy
- Skilled in developing affirmative action and equal opportunity issues
- In-depth knowledge of laws, statutes and procedures governing equal employment opportunity
- Proficiency in using MS Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate information regarding EEO and diversity program issues
- Ability to deal with sensitive and stressful situations
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Possess a motor vehicle operators license
Equal Opportunity Officer, August 2005 – Present
Maryland Transit Adminsistration, Saint Louis, MO
- Implemented equal employment and equal access programs.
- Ensured compliance to the standards set forth in the Governors Code of Fair Practice.
- Monitored adherence with equal opportunity laws, regulations, codes and policies, investigated and mediated complaints of discrimination.
- Recommended corrective actions and reasonable accommodations.
- Participated in programs designed to secure full participation of minority groups and individuals in activities of the department.
Equal Opportunity Officer, May 2000 – July 2005
University of Virginia, Saint Louis, MO
- Reviewed and analyzed equal opportunity and affirmative action compliance requirements.
- Evaluated, proposed and revised University equal opportunity, discrimination, harassment, retaliation policies.
- Investigated complaints of discrimination, harassment, retaliation and prepared formal, written findings to conclude investigation.
- Regularly conducted affirmative action audit reviews to evaluate the programs compliance.
- Developed institutional reports evaluating University compliance with civil rights laws and other reports.
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Mt. San Antonio College, Walnut, CA