1835 Myra Street
Providence, RI 2905
Job Objective Seeking organization with the potential to expand and grow in which my Economic Development Officer skills can be utilized to their fullest.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Great experience in preparing of complex funding applications
- Skilled in developing and implementing economic development plans
- In-depth knowledge of economic Development theories and practices
- Familiarity with local, regional and territorial economic development potential and opportunities
- Ability to develop and analyze business plans
- Excellent written communications skills
Economic Development Officer, August 2005 – Present
Virginia Tech, Providence, RI
- Carried out surveys, research and consultations to write a local economic development strategy.
- Created an action plan to implement the economic development strategy and monitored its progress.
- Responsible for project managing economic development and regeneration schemes.
- Provided advice on market analysis and economic opportunities.
- Encouraged sustainable business practices.
Economic Development Officer, May 2000 – July 2005
FairPoint Communications, Providence, RI
- Provided advice for local entrepreneurs and business start-ups.
- Acted as a first point of call for investment enquiries.
- Promoted the development of tourism in the area.
- Developed promotional strategies to expand business.
- Provided assistance on developing a business plan.
Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Northwestern Health Sciences University, Bloomington, MN