1618 Victoria Street
Baton Rouge, LA 70810
Job Objective A successful Detention Officer seeking a position with organization needing someone with the experience, drive and ability to aid in helping the organization achieve their goals.
Detention Officer, August 2005 – Present
King County, Baton Rouge, LA
- Prepared and oversaw a structured program for all detainees.
- Operated electronic audio/video surveillance equipment and other life support/security systems.
- Diffused disruptive and destructive behaviors through problem solving, crisis intervention, advice, guidance and counseling to youths.
- Completed observation, incident and investigative reports, maintained accurate records on youths.
- Utilized physical force and restraint techniques to subdue and restrain detainees and performed interventions when required.
- Shifted young detainees to courts and other facilities and institutions when required.
Detention Officer, May 2000 – July 2005
Franklin County, Baton Rouge, LA
- Exercised immediate supervision over inmates within the facility.
- Monitored conduct of juveniles in order to prevent escape and violence.
- Checked juveniles and cells for weapons, valuables, drugs and other contraband items.
- Maintained watch over inmates for illness and injury, obtained medical attention for inmates when necessary.
- Prepared and maintained detention-related records and reports.
- Served meals and issued bedding and clothing.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Extensive experience working in a county jail as a detention deputy
- In-depth knowledge of practices and procedures for the protection and safekeeping of inmates
- Sound knowledge of laws pertaining to the custody of prisoners
- Thorough knowledge of the operation, and procedures of the court system
- Ability to search for contraband and weapons
- Familiarity with statutes and regulations relating to custody of inmates
- Ability to carry out oral and written orders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong skill in interacting with people from diverse social, economic and ethnic backgrounds
Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice, Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, CA