1584 Fantages Way
Norway, ME 4268
Job Objective Seeking a Court Officer position where my skills and experience can assist in growth of the organization.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Extensive experience as a law enforcement officer
- Profound knowledge of modern law enforcement practices and procedures
- In-depth knowledge the principles, concepts of public, business and judicial administration
- Ability to guard, escort and control prisoners
- Ability to use a firearm
- Ability to utilize a standard telephone system and computer system
- Ability to collect information accurately
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
- Willingness to work in nights and weekends
- Ability to walk, stand and run for extended periods of time
- Excellent communication skills
Court Officer, August 2005 – Present
Van Buren CountyAdministration, Norway, ME
- Ensured court appearances of defendants under the jurisdiction of the Sheriff and any other agency located in County.
- Reported to the Prosecuting Attorney’s Office for authorization of charges and the signing of warrants.
- Transported prisoners and mentally incapacitated persons to and from correctional facilities and government institutions.
- Provided accurate information for the development of statistical reports and for the prosecution of offenders.
- Patrolled designated areas to prevent, deter and suppress traffic violations and criminal activity.
Court Officer, May 2000 – July 2005
Charlottesville Albemarle Drug court, Norway, ME
- Identified and retained any unauthorized firearms from people entering the courtroom.
- Ensured that members of the public attending court are quiet and orderly during a trial.
- Prepared the court room, greeted jurors when they arrive, conducted the calling and swearing in of witnesses and protected prisoners.
- Investigated criminal and traffic offenses in compliance with the penal code and traffic statutes.
- Maintained contact with Sheriff’s Department, acknowledged receipt of dispatches and responded to emergency situations.
Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice, Bowdoin College, Brunswick, ME